Tuesday, June 23, 2015

What Is This New Thing Called....Cardio?

I haven't had to breathe this much since I unofficially quit CrossFit. Now that I'm living about 10 miles from my internship and don't have a car out here, and the public transportation isn't that great out here, I have to find a way to get to work. Now, I'm riding a bike. Yes, me, the guy who hasn't done any conditioning in over 6 months is now riding a bike 20 miles a day at the minimum. Now that wouldn't be so terrible, except there are also a lot of long, long and steep hills both ways. So when your parents say they walked uphill both ways to school, I now understand.

It has definitely gotten a little bit easier throughout the month of being here, but I am definitely not someone who likes this, but I actually do feel a little bit better with that conditioning being in my life. However, I still don't necessarily want to make it a huge part of my life because my priority is still my lifting. I think I need to somehow find a middle between the 100 miles a week of biking with a lot of hills and the nothing I was doing. But for now, I just need to deal with it.

I'm aware this was a shorter post, but I don't have a ton to say about it, other than...wow conditioning is hard and hurts...and biking when your not a biker really hurts. I mean I'll say that I do think my quads have actually gotten bigger with the biking, but I'm always sore and it's really hard. Who knows, maybe my body will actually figure this out.

On to more biking... yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment